“My experience in Ghana has given me a new interest and insight into global development, showing me issues I had never taken an interest in before, but am now keen to know more about.” Adam Prais, intern 2014
Tzedek offers students a chance to intern in Ghana for the summer. Tzedek offers a unique chance to learn through action, to gain first-hand experience of international development and work towards justice by interning with local NGOs in some of the world’s poorest communities.
We know it’s not possible to change the world in seven weeks, but that’s all it takes for you to be changed forever.
The programme includes:
- one month plus interning in Ghana
- Internship with a local Non Governmental Organisations (NGO), sharing your skills and adding value to their organisation
- Jewish framework for ritually observant Jews
- Learning programme with experts and practitioners on the ground
- Work as a team and hone your leadership skills to create a summer camp for local children
We provide CV-boosting skills in teamwork, communication, project management, and working in a different culture. You will achieve a clear understanding of the world of development, issues facing the developing world on a local level and social justice – all through a Jewish lens.