“My experience on The Ghana Project has given me a new interest and insight into global development, showing me issues I had never taken an interest in before, but am now keen to know more about.” Adam Prais, Go Global 2014
Intern in Ghana for the summer. Tzedek offers a unique chance to learn through action, to gain first-hand experience of international development and work towards justice by interning with local NGOs in some of the world’s poorest communities. Through ‘The Ghana Project’ you will come to understand the issues facing the region you will be going to, both before you leave and throughout the internship.
On your return we hope that you will be inspired to keep making a difference. We know it’s not possible to change the world in seven weeks, but that’s all it takes for you to be changed forever.
The programme includes:
- 7 weeks volunteering in Ghana or India
- Internship with a local Non Governmental Organisations (NGO), sharing your skills and adding value to their organisation
- Jewish framework for ritually observant Jews
- Learning programme with experts and practitioners on the ground
- Work as a team and hone your leadership skills to create a summer camp for local children
You will gain CV-boosting skills in teamwork, communication, project management, and working in a different culture. You will achieve a clear understanding of the world of development, issues facing the communities you work with and social justice – all through a Jewish lens.
Watch the 2014 The Ghana Project team share their experience and explain why you should get involved (YouTube, 5:14mins)